Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Melanie Oudin Advances at MPS Group Championship in Florida

Atlanta native Melanie Oudin has made it through to the 2nd round of the MPS Group Championship in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida defeating veteran Rossana De Los Rios 7-5, 6-2. She was able to fight off 2 break points and eventually won the set 6-2. "It's weird because when I'm down a break point or something, I know exactly what I'm going to do in that point, because I know that I'm not going to give them anything," Oudin said. "I already know where my ball's going to go. I'm not going to go for anything huge, but I play aggressively because I'm confident in my shots, going for it." Question (for those of us who are tennis players)...How do you approach a break point? Do you have a plan? Do you play aggressive, tentative, confident, or just hope that it goes in and your opponent has an error?

Melanie is the No. 8 tournament seed and is currently ranked No. 41 on the Sony EricssonWTATour. In her 2nd round match she is scheduled to play Shuai Peng of China. Anyone traveling to Florida to check out the tourney?

courtesy: Francine King, The Florida Times Union www.jacksonville.com

No comments:

Post a Comment